LABwerkz Company is doing our part to help the environment by using sustainable and natural yarns in our collections. It is a small step with helping our planet and LABeanie Co. encourages everyone to do their part.
Why Organic Cotton
- Conventional cotton uses 16%-25% more pesticides and herbicides than any other crop with some of these chemicals being the most deadly in the world for people with sensitive skin, allergies, and chemical sensitivities.
- Runoff from conventional cotton fields is bad news.
- Choosing organic keeps deadly chemicals out of waterways and off the land.
- Organic is better for farmers and their families. They deserve to live free of toxic, carcinogenic chemicals.
- Organic cotton is softer and more durable—going through less processing, with no chemicals to weaken fibers.
- It feels better and last longer.
Why Recover Yarn
- 1 trillion kWh of electricity and up to 9 trillion liters of water.
- 10-20% of all textiles in fashion industry are estimated to be waste.
- Up to 95% of the textiles that are landfilled each year could be recycled.
- Recover up-cycled over 8,786,168 RPET bottles in 2019.
- 70% of PET bottles are not recycled, ending up in landfills or oceans.
- PET is 100% recyclable and can be used for new textile products.
- Conventional dye processing is particularly high-volume, high-impact source of water pollution and CO2, and uses a large variety of toxic chemicals.
- 39.8 billion + liters of water.
- 54,479 tons of CO2, emissions.
- 142 million kWh in 2019.
- 2,926 + tons of toxic chemicals
- The textile industry requires massive inputs of land for raw material production and fabric manufacturing. Such land use is a major drive of biodiversity loss, recover yarn saved over 6,690,845 m2 of land space.
In 2019 Recover Upcycled:
- 2,690 + tons of textile waste.
- 8,786,168 + RPET bottles.
- Recover uses zero dyestuffs or chemicals in the processing of recover cotton fiber.
This is why we use recover and naturals yarns in our products.